Invisalign® in Sooke, BC
Orthodontics is not merely for improving the aesthetics of the smile; orthodontic treatment improves bad bites (malocclusions). Malocclusions occur as a result of tooth or jaw misalignment. Malocclusions affect the way you smile, chew, clean your teeth or feel about your smile. Untreated, malocclusions can result in a variety of problems:
- Crowded teeth are more difficult to properly brush and floss, which may contribute to tooth decay and/or gum disease.
- Protruding teeth are more susceptible to accidental chipping.
- Crossbites can result in unfavorable growth and uneven tooth wear.
- Openbites can result in tongue-thrusting habits and speech impediments.
The Invisalign® System is a series of clear overlay templates called aligners that have been generated by 3D computer simulation to gradually move the teeth. This system is available to adult patients and some teenagers with certain orthodontic bite problems. Ask us if you are a candidate for the Invisalign® System.
Traditional metal braces are also a common orthodontic treatment. They are made of high-grade stainless steel. Today’s metal braces are smaller, more comfortable and more attractive.
* We will refer you to an orthodontist outside of our office for traditional braces.
If you are interested in learning whether you are a candidate for orthodontics, book a consultation with us and we will advise and review which options are right for you.